top of page
Trailer Hitches for Fort St. John
Autographics Trim & Signs is your one-stop shop for trailer hitches in Fort St. John. Trailer hitches attach to your car or truck's chassis at the rear bumper and are vehicle specific based on its towing capacity. The most common type of trailer hitch is a receiver hitch, which is divided into 5 classes based on the receiver tube size and weight capacity range. The types of receiver hitches are:
- Class 1: Typically has a weight capacity of up to 2,000 lbs. It features a fixed tongue (non-removable ball mount) or 1 ¼" receiver opening. Common applications include passenger cars and small crossovers.
- Class 2: Has a weight capacity of 3,500 lbs. It features a 1 ¼" receiver opening only, and common uses are for larger cars like sedans and small SUVs.
- Class 3: This has a weight capacity between 3,500 and 8,000 lbs. It may be compatible with a weight distribution hitch and can therefore carry more weight. It features a 2" receiver opening and is used for large sedans, pickup trucks and large SUVs.
- Class 4: It has a weight capacity of up to 10,000 lbs and is usually compatible with a weight distribution hitch to carry more weight. It features a 2" receiver tube opening and is typically mounted on full-size pickup trucks and SUVs.
- Class 5: Has a weight capacity of 10,000 lbs and up, offering as much as 20,000 lbs. It features a 2" or 2 ½" receiver tube opening and is typically compatible with a weight distribution hitch. This hitch is commonly used on full-size pickups and commercial trucks.
There are all several kinds of accessories that can be used with trailer hitches, making them ideal for a wide range of applications. So when you need to tow bikes, a trailer, a boat, a camper or construction equipment, we'll help you find a trailer hitch that meets your needs. Give us a call today!
bottom of page